I rolled my new little druid on Anvilmar last night and met up with my fellow anti-puggers. It was a complete blast! It was refreshing totally starting over, I confess. In a way, it felt like vacation. Alt summer camp or something. Maybe that’s because Mulgore is so bright and sunny. 🙂
– This is going to be really, really fun. I was cracking up at everyone’s progress updates as they found gray gear that was better than their novice shirts (husband collected the whole unkempt “set” with robe and gloves, etc), found bags to add six slots to their inventory (epic lewtz!), and also discovering things about classes they’d never played before. It was a great time.
– Having a small inventory with no means to upgrade is very painful. At one point last night, I had to chuck my hearthstone to make room for something I needed for a collection quest. I also decided not to buy mild spices because I only needed 1 and didn’t want to carry around the other 4 until I found more small eggs to cook.
– Money is tight! Gotta sell all junk before training, and potentially not train in everything. Seems like the best way to pad my little bank account will be fishing when other folks aren’t around to quest/instance. Which brings me to the first of a series of topics the group/guild should probably discuss…
We’ve had an offer from someone willing to transfer one of their other characters to Anvilmar with a few hundred gold in tow. IF we were to accept this, seems like there are several ways to do this. The spectrum as I see it.
– Plop all the money in the guild bank and let folks take what they need. (Scary.)
– Divide the money amongst the teams. Give each team 100g do do with what they wish, for example. One person could be the gold-keeper, or it could be divided evenly.
– Instead of a large amount, just give everyone a level 10 present of 2g to spend however they would like. Bags, training, shiny greens from the AH. Each person spends or invests at their own discretion and once the money is gone, that’s it. (We could offer more gold for future birthdays, too… a big present at level 40, for example, if we find we’ve been unable to raise money. We could just go with the 2g for now and reconnoitre at future levels.)
– Instead of give folks gold, just give them bags. Outfit all level 10s with 8-10 slot bags to make it easier to keep more gray vendor trash to sell.
– Just keep plugging along as we are. It’s sort of like going outside on a really hot day. As you start to sweat, you get very uncomfortable, and you want nothing more than to go back into the air conditioning. If you stay outside a little while though, you’ll get used to it.
What do folks think?
Please go check out the names over at Two and Half Orcs and vote, or make suggestions if you have an idea burning in your head. We’re hoping to get together next Wednesday evening and sign the charter.
Ok, have to go for a bit… will check in again when I can!