1. The newest issue of The Daedalus Project is up! If the psychology of MMORPGs interests you, you’ll definintely want to add this site to your reading list. Current articles cover survey data on why people choose the avatars they do, motivations for playing MMOs, MMOs as a way of coping with RL, and how people use these games to keep in touch (contrast with the anti-social gamer stereotype).
2. Last night, our guild had a PvP event and I participated. This was my very first time dueling against other players EVER. And it was pretty fun. Next time a random person challenges me, I will consider sparring with them, I think. I’m not quite ready for those battlegrounds though.
3. I finally got vent working, so last night was also the first time I chatted via microphone with my guildmates. I mostly kept quiet, particularly when the channel got crowded. I guess I’m still feeling a bit shy, but everyone was very nice (and so funny), and I can’t wait to start running instances with these folks.
4. I’m slowly trying to update my blogroll, which is a bit of a mess, I know. I really do read a lot of blogs, but some of the ones on that list have gone inactive, and I just haven’t had time to remove them yet. (I read through my Google feed reader, and read many more than are listed to the right — I don’t often use those direct links.)
5. I want to pick up the pace with my puggin’ mage this week, and try to complete the second BFD run and also an RFK run, if possible.
6. Our anti-pug activities will begin tomorrow night! We’ll meet in Orgrimmar, form the guild, and then away we’ll go on our first set of adventures. Whee! It looks like we have two teams ready to go, and a third team formed. If you think you might be interested in joining the project, please post in that thread or send me an e-mail.
7. My main server is now maxed with characters, I think. This means no more alts for me unless I start deleting my alliance characters (I have two, I think). This is probably a good thing. There’s already so much I want to do with the characters I do have that I really shouldn’t make any more, but…
8. Daydream alt of the week: warlock, either Undead or Orc.
9. There is no #9.
10. A non-WoW note. My co-workers and I are avid followers of the super-awesome Eurovision Song Contest, which happens each spring. Think American Idol, but much more theatrical. Some of the entries are traditional (pretty!!) ballads and folks songs, while others are totally over the top. This competition has been going on since the 1950’s (1974 winner = Abba!), and given the other international TV we have access to in the states (plus the interest in competitive reality shows), I’m a little surprised it doesn’t air here. If you enjoy silly, cheesy, and ridiculous pop videos, it’s worth your while to do some youtube searches for the videos. If you find anything good, let me know! We’ve found a few goodies to rival last year’s favorites (oh my gosh, I love that last one), but nothing that screams winner yet. 🙂